Reports to: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Mechanical Products Nevada is the largest independent HVAC and Plumbing Equipment and Solutions provider in Nevada. Our company recently celebrated its 25–year anniversary and has grown to approximately 50 employees serving the vibrant Las Vegas and Reno markets. We represent over 30 manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage of projects to provide energy efficient, value‐added solutions to their complex problems.
Our overall mission is simple: we want to create value and make a difference every day in our journey to be the best HVAC sales and service organization in North America. We believe we can succeed in that mission by being the BEST provider for our clients, the BEST partner for manufacturers, the BEST company for our employees, and the BEST investment for our current and future shareholders.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Service & Warranty Manager with leadership experience. This position requires an expert level with performing electrical and mechanical inspection, start-up maintenance on the equipment we sell, repairs, service contract maintenance, project management and leadership responsibilities. This is a full-time opportunity for an energetic go-getter with career growth mindset and desires. An ideal candidate will be customer service oriented, team-focused, and possess the leadership qualities to drive growth and achieve the goals put in place. Position requires a high level of correspondence with the service leadership team, Project Managers, Service Coordinators and customers.
- Actively manage and motivate a team of field service technicians
- Assess the skill level of each service technician and utilize our Development Plan Process for continued growth, development and engagement
- Troubleshooting and resolving field issues while working alongside service technicians
- Resolve issues in a timely manner and communicate directly with manufacturers
- Pursue manufacturer cost reimbursement for parts and labor
- Ensure customer satisfaction and resolve any issues immediately in the most cost-effective manner
- Provides response to customer complaints and emergencies
- Train technicians providing coaching and mentorship on troubleshooting equipment, customer interaction, career growth, and meeting company expectations
- Create and Implement a technician training program including documentation
- Identify needs and opportunities for individual and group training
- Participate in discussions, training, and rollout of new software and procedures
- Assist in scheduling the appropriate technicians based on knowledge, skill set and abilities as it relates to the job scope
- Pursue cooling tower rebuild and service opportunities
- Debriefing on low margin/trouble jobs
- Analyze applied overhead issues
- Support account managers regarding job pricing and costs
- Recommend structure changes and operational efficiency opportunities
- Works closely with Service Admin and Coordinators to maximize efficiencies and reduce travel time and downtime
- Builds and maintains an effective service team committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
The Required Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 10-15 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in commercial HVAC environment
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with handheld computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad, tablet)
- Electrical or temperature control experience required and EPA Certification Preferred (i.e. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer, etc.)
- Experienced and advanced knowledge, skills and abilities with manufacturers that MPN represents (AAON, LG, Lochinvar, ABB, etc.)
- Ability to work in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, risk of electrical shock (high voltage), climbing/working at elevated heights, etc.
Other Skills & Abilities
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Mental stamina for problem solving and prioritizing multiple tasks.
Will be required to work in a field environment, multiple customer sites on a daily basis.
Ability to manage people and situations when conflicts arise. Ability to seize opportunities with the drive to complete goals.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Ability to establish and grow relationships with customers through effective verbal and written communication. Dedicated to the needs of the customers, manufacturers and peers and has the patience to actively listen to all business partners. Able to solve problems and skillfully negotiate with a minimum of noise while managing stress. Demonstrates integrity and trust through appropriate directness and truthfulness. Ability to understand personal strengths and weaknesses, seek feedback and improve upon shortcomings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer keyboard and to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is continually required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Mechanical Products Nevada Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer