Reports to: Commercial Group Leader / Senior Sales Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Mechanical Products Nevada is the largest independent HVAC and Plumbing Equipment and Solutions provider in Southern Nevada. Our company recently celebrated its 25 year anniversary and has grown to approximately 50 employees serving the vibrant Las Vegas market. We represent over 40 manufacturers, offering innovative systems with a flexibility of equipment and solutions to best match each application. We work with industry professionals and end users from the conceptual stage of projects to provide energy efficient, value‐added solutions to their complex problems.
Our overall mission is simple: we want to create value and make a difference every day in our journey to be the best HVAC sales and service organization in North America. We believe we can succeed in that mission by being the BEST provider for our clients, the BEST partner for manufacturers, the BEST company for our employees, and the BEST investment for our current and future shareholders.
This is an entry-level role learning all aspects of Mechanical Products Nevada products and systems to estimate and manage projects. As the Associate Project Engineer, this individual will be responsible for coordinating submittals, equipment selection, pricing and ship dates for each project. Must be detail and customer service oriented and have excellent organizational skills. Position requires a high level of oral and written correspondence with the Sales Team, Customers and Manufacturers to ensure timely completion of assigned projects while maintaining customer satisfaction. Must be able to work well with others in a fast-paced & high-volume environment.
- Create and maintain job files for each project throughout its duration
- Optimize the project through the stages of product selection, specifications, plans, estimates, proposals, value engineering and redesigns
- Manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Communicate with owners, architects, MEP Consultants and General, Mechanical and Electrical Contractors
- Organize project related data for order entry
- Respond to and track IOM & Submittal requests
- Read, understand and interpret building plans & specifications
- Develop and grow relationships with customers, contractors, project engineers and manufacturers
- Determine project requirements, constraints, and sales team responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s system design, installation and maintenance expectations
- Investigate concerns, implement corrective action and communicate with customers and co-workers as necessary to maximize customer satisfaction
The Required Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or 1-2 years of experience in the HVAC, estimating, engineering, construction management or contracting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of MEP consulting, architecture, design, CAD, general contracting, mechanical contracting, engineering or construction industry a plus
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, deal with ambiguity and manage high volume projects
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ability to learn new skills and knowledge. Ability to understand concepts and complexity comfortably. Open to change and will try anything to find solutions. Able to handle uncertainty and make decisions without knowing the whole story
Ability to discern between tasks to determine how best to accomplish goals and organize task/people assignments to get results in a timely way. Ability to figure out processes and simplify them in order to maximize work flow.
Ability to manage people and situations when conflicts arise. Ability to seize opportunities with the drive to complete goals.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Ability to establish and grow relationships with customers through effective verbal and written communication. Dedicated to the needs of the customers, manufacturers and peers and has the patience to actively listen to all business partners. Able to solve problems and skillfully negotiate with a minimum of noise while managing stress. Demonstrates integrity and trust through appropriate directness and truthfulness. Ability to understand personal strengths and weaknesses, seek feedback and improve upon shortcomings.
Will be required to work in an office environment and frequently in the field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Las Vegas, NV
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Mechanical Products Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer